The Boom: Coloud Headphones

This post may also be titled "What Happens When You Give Me Money and Send Me Off to Impulse Buy."









I present to you Coloud Headphones the Boom Blocks in Gray/Pink.



All right, the story begins with normal workers like you and me doing our job and doing it well. By God's grace, a veritable number of points was given to me as SPIFF (somebody please tell me what that means). As had been agreed, it was appliance showcase quarter, meaning we had to choose certain appliances that were worth whatever points we gathered. 

Indecisive me could not decide in time what to order (and I was on leave), so I consequently forgot to send my request.

On the day of awarding, I was sitting, probably obviously sad because of my own negligence. So out of the blue, I was sent off to an adventure! Buy myself something and bring back the receipt.

Ergo, the Coloud headphones.

Admittedly, I have been eyeing headphones since last year. I've done a bit of reading on which ones had great quality and which ones were "meh." So when given the go signal to just buy, I was relatively prepared.

What I didn't take into account was my relatively giddier demeanor which eventually swayed my less-than-strong resolve. Decision-making abilities being stated, I stepped into the only store I knew in Ayala Cebu that had relatively more headphone choices.


"Hi, what's the best headphone set you have?"
"We have Beats."
"Uh, besides Beats." (embarrassed smile here) "Within the 1,500-peso range."

One points me to a Phillips headphones, but they would not let me try it because the packaging needed to be destroyed and therefore bought. Crossed that out. Also, I didn't have faith in Phillips' wiring.

Another pointed me to Coloud. So I tested it out.


Why this color? Because it looks like my running shoes. Also, it's kind of generic but not generic black.

Quality wise, it was okay. I'm not a reliable source when it comes to quality, but it sounded okay when I tried it at the store. At home though, when I played "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, it sounded very scratchy, like metal and plastic. It wasn't the bass, although I would have wanted the bass to perform better. Other songs proved that the set was okay. So it's just the song then?


So yeah, the Boom seems okay. I've only had this for a day, so I may update this post as I abuse this set of headphones. It's also kind of too big for my head, but as I have decided after I bought it, one rule when buying on impulse is not to care . . . at least not much.

Here are the specs for the specs-seeking reader. (Info taken from the insert in the box.)

The Boom combines noise-isolating design with comfortable wearability.
Audio Specs
Driver: 40mm dynamic
Sensitivity 100mV @ 1kHZ = 101dB SPL
Impedance: 32 ohm
Frequency Range: 20.0 ~ 20.0 kHz
Flat cable: 120 cm
Weight 132 g

So there. I have a new set of headphones. My first set of headphones. Will I buy another set someday? I don't know. Let's see how this one fairs first. Coloud, make me proud. (Also, please don't make me regret not buying a relatively more reliable brand like Phillips or Pioneer or even TDK.)





PS
It was fun to impulse buy. Is there a job out there that would just send me off to impulse buy then write a random, non-informative, wholly opinionated review about whatever it is I ended up buying? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformers: Age of Extinction (I can't even)

Fashion Confined: Detachable Collars

Dates