Krispy Kreme and Approximately 61 Days of Survival


Happy Two Months to Me!

Yeah, and since Krispy Kreme is having their 75th Birthday, I decided to ride on with their celebration.

Now, for the people who've been my friends (personally or on FB), you might have noticed that I've been congratulating myself every Friday for another week down. This time, however, I've decided to make it monthly. (Also because it's getting too expensive to celebrate every week. Then again . . .) So here's my second monthsary celebration, brought to you by the amazing Krispy Kreme.


The first time I've heard of Krispy Kreme was probably about five years ago. Every time some dorm mate or classmate of ours would be travelling to Manila (I don't think they had a branch in Cebu that time), we'd nag them to buy us some of these sought after doughnuts. And when they do give in to our annoying pleading, we'd wait patiently for them back at the dorm. Like pet dogs left by their owner or little children on Christmas day, we'd sit anxiously anticipating the return of our friend, but of course, we were really more excited to dig into the box.


I'll go ahead and say that I'm not really a big fan of doughnuts. I'm a rice eater, and anything that's bread-like isn't exactly my type. Krispy Kreme, on the other hand, may be able to change that. Sure, they're expensive. Quality costs. That's it, really. Quality has a cost, and though we're all learning to pay for something cheap and hope it will last, it never hurts to splurge a little, once in a while. So I took a step and splurged on a box of six.

Coffee and Doughnuts (continuation of the brochure, hehe)

Box of six. Not a dozen. Not the assorted box. Just the original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts in a box for six. Why? Why buy only six when you can save about 100+ if you buy the dozen? Well, because doughnuts are meant to be shared. Since I'm the only one here, I get to eat all this by myself. Don't get me wrong, I do want to share, but sharing a box of six? That's not really going to be enough. (excuses =))

Anyway, what's so nice about the Krispy Kreme branch I went to was that they had complimentary doughnuts to give away! Yey! And I was like, "Hey, you want to go with me to Krispy Kreme? I'll buy you a doughnut because it's my monthsary." And my friend was like, "Okay." And when we got there and they gave us the complimentary doughnut, we were like, "Now this is what you call a free doughnut." XD

Yeah, we basically want to split right after we got the free one. Why buy more when you can get one for free? Hehe just kidding. I still bought the box of six, obviously.

So a bit about Krispy Kreme that's not tainted with my apparent giddiness over a box of food and my desire to be advertorially (coined word?) successful.

Krispy Kreme has been making fresh, hot doughnuts of the highest quality since 1937. Their stores are fun places for friends and family to meet, greet, and treat! Their "Doughnut Theatre" lets customers see their products made from start to finish and has been an important part of their stores for decades. (taken from the box thingy with the picture of the Doughnut Theatre)
There's an awesome timeline of a sort you can read on their website, krispykreme.com.ph. I wanted to copy it so you can read it here, but I'll let you all go have some fun in another website. Plus, you'll get to see more pictures of doughnuts that'll make your mouth water. Really, if you plan on eating something out of your way this week, try their new Butterfinger doughnut. I can't remember the name, but since I love Butterfinger, I'll go ahead and tell you it's just going to be awesome.

My favorite word to describe food: scrumptious. =)


And for my non-obligatory thanksgiving part: I'd like to give a big PTL to the One who's kept my alive and enjoying for the last two months of my stay. I don't know where I'd be and I don't know if I'd survive, but I do know I'm never alone. Here's to an awesome next days ahead!

Have a great week (or end of the week rather)!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformers: Age of Extinction (I can't even)

Fashion Confined: Detachable Collars

Dates